Sunday, December 09, 2007

Zambian Architecture




The Zambian Architecture website writes about traditonal design types as well construction methods in Vernaluar Zambian Architecture.The use of sutainable building materials in vernaular Zambian Architecture is very prominent and I beleive could influence some of the western building concept being adopted in the continent.

The Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is a very good example of a build that had adopted vernacular architecture and adapted it in a mordern building as mentioned in the Zambian Architecture website.


Photos courtesy of the Zambian Architecture website and Victoria Fall Safari Lodge

2 comments:

Ms. Catwalq said...

1. I thought I would simply die with joy when I found this blog.

2. I am an architecture student myself and appreciate the wealth of resource that your blog provides.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to see the photos of Zambian architecture. The architecture actually resembles that of many places in The Netherlands, where they have adopted some of the South African styles.